931 exhaust valves

a239947

Does anybody know where i could get some 931 exhaust valves from. I have tried mittelmotor in germany but they want 125€ each which is ridiculous. Ive tried a company in the U.S but they have been disscontinued. Other places in the U.S have OEM listed for $177 each but are NLA anyway. I am willing to take a secondhand set if they are in good condition. Mine had pitting on the stems and need replacing. 

Any leads would be appreciated!

Ideola sells a complete set of valves for a reasonable amount. Scroll down in this link:

http://garage.ideola.com/prod-EngineRebuildKits.html

Ideola is a 924 enthusiast and I have purchased from him before without any issues. I actually purchased a big valve kit from him, can't comment on the kit yet as my engine is still not in the car.

I have tried Ideola but he seems MIA. I had some correspondance with him but he hasnt replied to me for 2 weeks and a bunch of things i ordered off him a month ago havent even been actioned. Its a bit frustrating because my head is with the machinist and he cant finish it without the valves.

Thanks Rob, but that link is for the valve guides not the valves.

I have tried Ideola but he seems MIA. I had some correspondance with him but he hasnt replied to me for 2 weeks and a bunch of things i ordered off him a month ago havent even been actioned. Its a bit frustrating because my head is with the machinist and he cant finish it without the valves.

Thanks Rob, but that link is for the valve guides not the valves.

Ahh... I must pay more attention - but you might as well replace the guides too:blink:.

Don't forget to measure up one of the valves and lookup all the usual aftermarket manufacturers, Ferrea, Manley etc 

They may have a valve that size off-the-shelf, or you can get one made up in a more stronger medium....

The common measurements are 

Overall length

Stem width

Valve diameter

Good luck !!

Archived