911s purchase 2.7l 1977

cherrybar12

Mate it certainly looks the part however i would seriously consider getting it checked out - the paint job could have cost that alone hence i am a bit concerned....also he says it 'runs grate' - could need more oil or a spell check...or both.

Call me biased however i always hear alarm bells with anything that appears too good to be true.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi mate,

Not sure what the metal bit is, can't see from pics. If you haven't dealt with sportomatic's PLEASEEEEE check it out)) Looks grate, i mean great though.

Personally I think the only downfall is the sporto.

Hi Nick

We met briefly this morning - I was at Autohaus Hamilton to sort out my office.

This pic might help identify the square tube:

jp099.JPG

The car you were looking at does not have the sill cover (the red part beneath the black horizontal bar), so the jack receiver tube is exposed.

In the pic, you are looking at the RHS of the car. The wheel in the shot is the rear wheel.

James

Prototype and James - many thanks for your replies. This forum is brilliant, can't state this enough.

Didn't buy in the end...too many issues for me, nice enough seller but no enough 'plus' factors for me. Personally the Sporto gear was a big negative.

...Still looking, keep telling myself to be patient...hard though!

Thanks again to the staff (James especially) for good advice. Might email you guys with the specs I'm looking for and hopefully I can avoid further expensive interstate trips...

Regards

Nick

Interesting...just realised what 'all the pipes' were....the car is fitted with EGR or Exhaust Gas Recirculation...must add an additional 30-40kgs easily....thought this was some weird bit of custom work fitted to the car.

This car is actually somewhat better than I thought....still wouldn't though...the sport gearbox is a definite no for me.

...if anyone knows of someone looking to sell the following please don't hesitate to contact me.

1978-1986 911 (Non-Targa)

3.0L+

Good condition, with little to no rust

4-5 Speed Gearbox

RHD

Don't car about the colour or the paint condition

Thanks

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it looked like a decent car to me. is the sportomatic the only drawback? if yes, isn't it still a good buy? the only question for me, can the car be registered in australia,looked like he just imported it.

Archived