PCM Navigation CD's

Russ

I've been told you need the CD for every year between the current issue and the one you're upgrading from and load them in order via PIWIS.

I find it hard to believe, I can't imagine the head unit having much memory capacity.

I want to buy the current disc, and I have access to PIWIS

Anyone know?

If it's anything like the nav system in my Renault, firstly you need to have a current subscription.  Then you log on to the website (in the case of Renault R Link 2 - TomTom), put your SD card in, and download the mapset.  Then you upload the mapset updates to the car.  I don't believe you need to load all of the previous ones to update to the latest version, as long as the new maps are supported by older the nav system.  What's it in?

It's in a Cayenne, and CD based - the CD I have is from '04 and lots has changed in Brisbane since then. This is what I'm going to buy - https://jku.com.au/2015-porsche-pcm-2-0-map-update-911-carrera-cayenne-australia-maps-2003-2005-00004490132.html

Figure I could save myself $165 by doing it on the PIWIS myself, but If I need the previous CD's between 2016 and 2004 it might not be cost effective....

Archived