911 History

duk

HI to all, I am after some history on a car i have just bought as all the previous owner new was that he bought it from a guy in victoria approx 10 years ago. It is a 76 model 911 carrera that is burgundy in colour with tan interior. It was previously orange and has a sc engine. There is a sticker on the rear window that says FFB motorsport and the car went to Tasmania. Car is a HK import.Any info would be greatly appreciated. Regards Doug

Hi Doug,

I know I was able to get some history by providing the VIN number to the local Porche Centre. As your car was not Aust delivered I am not sure how well that would work for you. I would still give it a try. Maybe the Porche Center in Hong Kong might also be able to help.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Welcome aboard!

Doug has got it I think, a good place to start is Porsche HK. They should be able to give you original specification, and maybe some service history.

Also, how about posting some images of the car in Porsche Gallery which might also jolt some memories of fellow members...

Kerry

For those that are interested, there is an Iphone ap (PorscheArchive)that decodes the Porsche 17 digit VIN numbers from 1980 onwards.

It gives details such as year of manufacture, assembly plant location, engine and body type, etc.

Regards, Roy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all and happy new year. On one of the last replys it was suggested to contact porsche HK about the history of my car . Having finally responded, they assure me that there is no record of the car in HK. Is there a way of finding out other than contacting every known dealer about my gypsy? Regards Doug

Hi Doug,

Great pics of your car. It looks in really good condition.

Re history. In your initial post you said that the car was a HK import. Did you get this information from your identification label? Eg C15 = Hong Kong, C23 = Australia

The first thing I would check is the market for which the car was produced using the id label.

Doug

Thanks Doug for your response. I checked it out and there was no c plus numbers on the plate. There is the chassis number and one ID plate . The only number that has a letter followed by a numeral is s66. Hope that this means something. I know that i said about it being a HK car but that what the previous owner thought. I contacted HK and they had no record of it. Regards Doug

Hi Doug,

If you like you can email me your chassie number and I will be able to confirm/check its delivery country and dealer for you. My email address is girtp@porsche.com.au

Regardind the FFB Motorsport sticker, Thats a company in Melbourne who repairs Porsche's.....

Paul

Hello to all elfers - i think thats right. Just publicly thanking Paul Girt for his help in my pursuit of my cars history where he has confirmed that it is a HK car in cont orange with the opts . I will post more info when and if i get to talk with the FFB guy, hoping that he can remember the car. Doug

Archived