Erm, this is for multimedia but what about Porsche books? I need help

I've so much to learn about the 911.. so figured a nice book might be in order. I've already bought the 996 one that I saw linked somewhere.. but I'd love something that explains all the 911 variants, with lovely photography and hopefully has more recent 911s in it.

What would you recommend?

Thanks guys :)

Here is a start to fully immerse yourself into the Porsche ethos.

Porsche Classics - bi-monthly

Total 911 - monthly

GT Porsche - monthly

911 & Porsche - monthly

MotorSport - monthly, often has Porsche stuff, esp historics

Classic & Sports Cars full of great stuff, even the ads are interesting

The late Paul Frere (Writer & Racer), Karl Lugvigsen (engineer & motoring consultant) & Peter Zimmerman (writer and exp technician) are all well known authors with prodigious knowledge of the marque.

A newer Porsche journo to look out for is Chris Harris. He writes and races so he is far from an armchair boffin.

A must have for me is Excellence Mag from the US, I hang out for each issue, check out the British Porsche mags most are OK but the road tests tend to be tad "Gee Wiz Mum", without adding depth.

Budget for $50 pm until you sort out your favourites, buying the mags is cheaper than smoking.

There are many more writers, work with me here fellas, we need help listing them all

rEd

I went to Mag Nation yesterday and picked up 911 and Porsche. Has an article on picking up the 911 SC Targas.. I like the idea of a Targa.

I might also look at the iPad app versions of some of these mags too.. a cheaper way of trying out a magazine, also means I don't have the hard copies sitting around if it's not something I'll look at again. Reducing my carbon foot print an all that!

The discount bookshop is a great idea too thanks Doish

Archived