Durametric pro autologic or PST2 - anyone have one I could please borrow?

dan_189

Hey all, 

Trying to get the CD changer setting enabled on my '04 996 so I can use my dension gateway 500.  

The latest PIWIS won't allow the CD changer to be enabled - tried this at the dealership with 3 of us but it refused. 

So I'm on the hunt trying to borrow/use one of the following:

- durametric pro (enthusiast version can't turn on a CDC and is locked to 3 vin number anyway) 

- Autologic unit 

- Porsche system tester 2

If anyone has one and would let me use it please drop me a pm. Happy to contribute to the beer economy! 

Just an update on this, durametric support got back to me and neither the pro or the enthusiast version can turn on the CDC. 

That leaves just the autologic unit, PST2, converted Bosch KTS500 or a PST2 clone. 

Anyone? :) 

I guess the dealer doesn't know the correct combination of settings to enable it, the PIWIS should do it, even with the latest firmware. 

System tester 2 I can understand if it was a 993 or 928, but a 996 was current when the PIWIS was

Are you running the latest firmware in your PCM?

Hey Russ, that's what I thought too! 

When I had the master cylinder done I asked for it to be enabled but they said they had tried and couldn't do it.

So I went back and we went through all the settings in the PIWIS II with it connected together and there were no options under CDR23 or anything else that related to a CDC.

Maybe it's been removed, hoping someone has a PIWIS I clone maybe? Have read it's available in PST2 and also PIWIS I. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PM'ed, too bad you're not in Melbourne.

I think maybe the durametric might be able to code that. Their support is quite good if you put the question to them. 

The PIWIS is next level, it's a serious bit of kit however not cheap.

PM'ed, too bad you're not in Melbourne.

I think maybe the durametric might be able to code that. Their support is quite good if you put the question to them. 

The PIWIS is next level, it's a serious bit of kit however not cheap.

Didn't seem to get a PM from you. It's a shame that Perth is so damn far away from everything.

I'll have a look at Durametric .. I think there are clone cables available for not-a-lot.

• 1 month later...

Didn't seem to get a PM from you. It's a shame that Perth is so damn far away from everything.

I'll have a look at Durametric .. I think there are clone cables available for not-a-lot.

The clone cables are very limited in what they can do however they are a good entry as I think they can scan the DME for codes

Archived