Transport interstate

DC242

Looking at finalising the purchase of my first Porsche. Trouble is, its in Perth and I need to get it to Melbourne. I'm sure someones done this before me so are there any companies that should be avoided and are there things I can do to lessen the chance of something going wrong.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Hi,

The following is what I've been told. 

Ideally you want to avoid large fleet transporters who have multiple loading an unloading of the vehicle between the collection and delivery. This increases the risk of damage as multiple people unload and reload the vehicle onto different vehicles along the way. 

By using a single vehicle transporter, whilst more expensive, reduces the risk where there is one a single load and unload of the vehicle.

I used Mark2transport between Sydney and Melbourne.

Good luck with everything. 

Thanks for the reply.

A search of potential transporters doesn't show if multiple on/offs are done. Around Melb,  covered car transporters seem plentiful for companies like Prixcar and Ceva but for interstate travels,  you don't know if cars are covered or left out in the open. Only saving grace is Shannons will cover cars in transport but would prefer to have the car I bought.

I bought my car in February from Perth and had it shipped to Melbourne with CEVA. Was picked up on a tray and taken to their Perth depo. From there it was loaded into a shipping container for the trip to Melbourne by train. Then delivered to my home on another tray... No complaints other it took a number of weeks to arrive.

I also used CEVA for the 964 I bought in 2014.  I flew to Perth, drove the car around for a day then dropped at CEVA depot, flew home.  Car delivered to my door about a week later and it was about $600 from memory.  Cheap and efficient. 

I used them again to collect RX7 track car from Perth - they picked up from sellers house in Perth and delivered to me in Melbourne.  Again very efficient and cheap.  Big company but no complaints.

Thanks for the responses. I've heard good things about CEVA before but that was mainly for local stuff. Their estimated costings are not much different when doing an internet search so will probably investigate further when sale finalised next week. Thanks

I am having a 996 transported from Sydney to Brisbane this week and using Alan's Unique Car Carriers. Probably not the cheapest, however the car is loaded at the despatch point and the next time it is touched is when it is unloaded at the destination.

Archived