What rear tyres were standard on 75 911

Foolin Around

First time Porsche owner and recent purchaser of the 1975 911 in the 1979 Foolin around movie staring Gary Busey

Anyhow the car has arrived from the USA and there's discussion over what were the standard size tyres for the rear on these 911's as the current ones look to big and out of place

This car is the 1975 2.7 with current tyres being a 215/70 VR 15

Getting different advice from people including tyre companies and Porsche people

Any advice is much appreciated, link to car is below

https://www.schmitt.com/inventory/1975-porsche-911-carrera-2-7-coupe/

Welcome nice first post what city are you in? very nice Carrera... Im surprised it took so long to sell, i remember it well when my Carrera 3.0 was for sale & ended up going to L.A.

The rear tyres on my C3 were 225/50-15 but i don't think that was standard but helped with acceleration 

Looks like standard was 215/60-15 http://carreramfi.com/specs.shtml 

Thanks James and Raven, appreciate you taking the time to respond

James I am in St Kilda West in Melbourne

I am going through the registration process then I will have to practice LHD manual which won't be fun given I have driven autos all my life

one more question, I need to get rear seat belts as part of road worthy, where is the best place to find originals band new or second hand or do I have to buy non originals these days, cheers 

Thanks James and Raven, appreciate you taking the time to respond

James I am in St Kilda West in Melbourne

I am going through the registration process then I will have to practice LHD manual which won't be fun given I have driven autos all my life

one more question, I need to get rear seat belts as part of road worthy, where is the best place to find originals band new or second hand or do I have to buy non originals these days, cheers 

For seat belts some cars back then had just lap belts in the rear it may be easy to just get some new lap belts from Supercheap just for the road worthy 

Would love to see your car one day...

Archived