Heath's '75 911S Targa, Fresh Import

Hezath

lol

Bit of an update. PCV were really quick at getting back to me and I got the car registered on Thursday. Awesome!

562876_3897890378627_155059645_n.jpg

Been fiddling a little inside the door trims trying to get things working a bit better, this car has a different window regulator to what I'm used to and I couldn't figure out how to adjust it when I had the trim off but I've had a little advice on PP and will try that soon hopefully. Got the locks working nicely anyway

IMG_20120801_151841.jpg

Clutch pedal was a little bit 'squeaky' so I went to lubricate it and the snowball effect ensued, a few hours later I had ended up pulling the clutch cable and pedalbox out completely. Just came in from giving the pedalbox a once-over in my world-class garden shed. If I wasn't impatient to drive the car again I would have sandblasted & KBS painted it all and put brass bushes in, but a quick tear down, grease up and shot with the pressure pack will do this time. Fingers crossed it all goes back in smoothly and works well tomorrow so I can celebrate with a hills run lol

Nice array of dirt & cigarette butts left in the footwell, delicious.

IMG_20120804_171456.jpg

IMG_20120804_201942.jpg

IMG_20120804_211732.jpg

Unfortunately it just started raining after I finished the job but oh well, still take it for a drive tonight. Took it for a blockie and feels awesome, much easier to drive smoothly etc. Very happy

Going back in:

IMG_20120805_123535.jpg

While the clutch cable was out I inspected it and the condition is okay, I cleaned it all and used silicone lubricant in the bit where it travels through the sheath and just regular grease all over the cable that just slides along that tube in the chassis. Adjusted the throttle linkage up to get rid of a bit of slack there as well so that should make blipping the throttle a bit more enjoyable.

Good result and didn't spend a cent. Also noticed that one of the flexible ducts that attaches to the SSIs was disconnected, trimmed that, attached it and put another hoseclamp on which can't hurt, but I think there are some problems with my car's ventilation & heating system, I can't stop fresh air coming in through the dash (and it comes in really fast at 80+km/h), and I don't think the fan/fans work at all haha

Archived