GOR advice

DJM

Heading to a mates winery at Curlewis later today for the annual catchup.  I've managed to negotiate an early leave pass so I plan to take the ferry to Queencliff then a quick blast down Great Ocean Road and back to Curlewis for the arvo.  Haven't been down GOR for years.  

any tips on the best bits and any sections to avoid?  I read somewhere recently about some rebuild works but not yet started?   Am I kidding myself about being able to enjoy it around midday......

It depends on the weekenders, Caravans, Tourists and Tourist busses Over seas visitors on the wrong side of the road but it is the luck of the draw some days it is perfect , The road was washed out near Apollo Bay a few months back but would be repaired by now. 

I went on a Wednesday two weeks ago and the traffic was horrendous.  I was in a jam with at least 40 cars travelling at 30 kph for a lot of the trip.  Hate to think what a Saturday would be like.  LOTS of Tourists!!!!

It may be too late when you read this as you may have already left for the trip.  Always nice down that way though so enjoy the day

Archived