Engine freight US to Aus

ANF

G'day Adam,

Bugger to hear about your dropped valve :o

With the engine for Klassy, I ended u using US TO AUS. The biggest cost was the import duties as they were over $2K and I opted for the slow and steady ship option which was around the $1500 mark. The chappy I purchased the engine off crated the engine and dropped it off to the shipping depot in the states (gratuitous fuel charge there). Once the duties were paid, it was delivered to my door :) 

Good luck buddy!

22 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

G'day Anthony, Adam :)

Bugger to hear about your dropped valve :o

With the engine for Klassy, I ended u using US TO AUS. The biggest cost was the import duties as they were over $2K and I opted for the slow and steady ship option which was around the $1500 mark. The chappy I purchased the engine off crated the engine and dropped it off to the shipping depot in the states (gratuitous fuel charge there). Once the duties were paid, it was delivered to my door :) 

Good luck buddy!

Thanks P-Kay

I have contacted them but they wont ship to Hobart..... sounds like 928 engines are way cheaper than 911 ones, re the duty!! Their standard rates are $450, if we are talking about the same company?

Cheers

Adam

1 hour ago, ANF said:

Thanks P-Kay

I have contacted them but they wont ship to Hobart..... sounds like 928 engines are way cheaper than 911 ones, re the duty!! Their standard rates are $450, if we are talking about the same company?

Cheers

Adam

I would be surprised if you have to go to the USA for an engine - a lot of 928s came here and many are no longer on the road and I would suggest many were killed by electrics as opposed to engine failure. 

I assume you have tried local sources and leads on a replacement? The obvious ones would be @Buchanan Automotive and Dennis out at Autohaus in Melbourne. There is also a guy who owned a 928 wreckers in Melbourne and he moved to Queensland (maybe Macleay island?) some years ago and took his stock with him - I cant find his details but the guys on Landshark will know him - he may well have engines. Same deal with Matt Nicholson in Sydney, he imports front cuts from japan and parts out the pieces - I can give you his email if you PM me.

Keep polling Gumtree and Ebay - they show up reasonably regular, I see an S4 engine is sitting on Gumtree

14 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I would be surprised if you have to go to the USA for an engine - a lot of 928s came here and many are no longer on the road and I would suggest many were killed by electrics as opposed to engine failure. 

I assume you have tried local sources and leads on a replacement? The obvious ones would be @Buchanan Automotive and Dennis out at Autohaus in Melbourne. There is also a guy who owned a 928 wreckers in Melbourne and he moved to Queensland (maybe Macleay island?) some years ago and took his stock with him - I cant find his details but the guys on Landshark will know him - he may well have engines. Same deal with Matt Nicholson in Sydney, he imports front cuts from japan and parts out the pieces - I can give you his email if you PM me.

Keep polling Gumtree and Ebay - they show up reasonably regular, I see an S4 engine is sitting on Gumtree

You would be surprised! I have tried most of who you have suggested. I am on Landshark and have one lead from there, an 86 5.0 litre. The S4 is not suited to the "Hybrid" option, and if I am going to the trouble of putting in a new engine it may as well be one of them, the gains are impressive.

One of the main factors is the cost, one out of the US landed at my door for almost half one sourced in Australia.... sure I will keep looking but at the moment a US suppler has a half off sale..... the 5.0 litre pre S4 was for 2 years in the US (85 and 86) and there are vastly more engines over there.....

I have been in contact with Matt Nicholson, but he is now struggling to get 928 parts/ cars due to the recent rise in value of our 928s.....

Archived