My visit to Porsche Zuffenhausen

Nice one Mark,

I may have to go to Dusseldorf later in the year.

I would like to extend the trip for some R&R and check out 'the Ring', and museums at Zuffenhausen and Stuttgart.

It must be impressive to see those cars in the flesh.

Doug

• 1 month later...

What did the 997 rental cost you in the end? I made the slight mistake of buying an 81 SC in London and driving it all the way down, doing some of the roads in the Alps from one of the TopGear episodes.., there was one road that went for about 2km down hill, almost cost me the front brakes and calipers. And many of the routes that I wanted to do were closed due to it being winter (april). Will do it again but in something a lot more modern.

What did the 997 rental cost you in the end? I made the slight mistake of buying an 81 SC in London and driving it all the way down, doing some of the roads in the Alps from one of the TopGear episodes.., there was one road that went for about 2km down hill, almost cost me the front brakes and calipers. And many of the routes that I wanted to do were closed due to it being winter (april). Will do it again but in something a lot more modern.

I recall it was about EUR 250 per day (5 days) 200km per day allowed. Extra km’s @ EUR 1/per 1 km. Returned it with about 3,000km

Archived