71E Long Block

Looking to free up some space in my world :D 

I've got a 71E cased long block engine available.  I say E cased as in all good faith, I don't know what's inside as the heads are date coded 68 and as such don't have the MFI cutouts, so it's an ideal engine for carbies.  This was a well running engine I removed from my old 69T in 2004 after building a 2.7RS for fun.  I mothballed the engine and have had it in the garage ever since.  

I have a receipt from a top-end engine rebuild from 1993 by Phil Hearne at Auto Coupe (perhaps this is when the heads were changed?).  Milage at the time was s 83,390.  I do know that the car had 89,XXX miles on the odometer when I bought it in 2000 and 92k when I pulled the engine.  So that's about 10,000 miles or about 16,000 kilometers.  I had the engine checked when I bought the car with compression 120-125 PSI on all cylinders.

Engine number is 6210263 I have made enquiries, but have not been able to identify the original chassis it comes from.  Currently the engine is on a stand.  I have pulled the chain covers and valve covers to check everything and will supply new gasket seals, washers and nylocks for the new owner to take a look for themselves and button it back up (if that's what you want).

Asking $7000 and engine is located in Port Macquarie NSW.

Cheers, John

Engine.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did a clean up. Have located the distributor, some leads, fan strap, ALL freshly powder-coated tinware, and an engine shroud for this engine (except air sockets)...  So it needs fan/alternator, carbs/manifolds, exhaust.

Any interest or is my pricing right off?

• 5 months later...

This sale fell through a while ago so the engine is back up for sale @$7k. 

Description in first post has not changed.  But I've since managed to find a few odds and sods to go with the engine including a choice of 2 engine shrouds (T (painted S-red) and a later ducted version also in S-red), the Marelli distributor, some orphan intake manifolds and some linkage (I have to double check sizes) and a complete set of engine tinware powdercoated in satin black (really nice).  I can also think about including a pair of near new block-off plates for the shroud to delete heat, you may also be able to talk me into including a pair of lower Turbo valve covers with full silicone gaskets .  I think I may also have a 915 flywheel that could go with it - it's a bit crusty and would need a hone...

Engine turns and I believe it would start.  But I do think you have to consider it a rebuild core.

I can put the engine on a pallet and drop off at a transport depot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived