No pop in my lights!

BJM

I’ve lost the pop in my pop up lights on the 924!

The lights still come on but don’t come up so the switch appears to be fine. 

I’ve changed the relay & the motor cycles when you turn the knob on top so there’s power & the motor hasn’t died. 

Is there something else that I’m missing?

Any ideas/help appreciated. 

Sometimes they seem to just get a little stuck .... it has happened to me on my 924.

Try turning them on and then giving them a helping hand by pushing on the back of the one with the motor attached to it .... that "should" be enough to loosen it up a bit ... mine have worked fine after I did this.

15 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Sometimes they seem to just get a little stuck .... it has happened to me on my 924.

Try turning them on and then giving them a helping hand by pushing on the back of the one with the motor attached to it .... that "should" be enough to loosen it up a bit ... mine have worked fine after I did this.

I wish it was that simple. I tried all that  

I have even disconnected the power then manually wound them up, turned the lights on & reconnected the power to watch them go straight down by themselves. 

The motor works & they move freely, just don’t want to come up & stay up. 

Maybe a stripped or loose pinion gear where it connects to the light framework ... 

Try pulling out the motor and look at what's going on down there.... if the motor is working but not raising the lights, probably something simple like a grub screw or loose screw ....

I've never pulled mine apart so I'm not 100% sure how it's put together ...

If they go up, then drop back down, you have something adjusted incorrectly. Also make sure the lifting piece is between the two fingers of the light.

When I did my engine I removed the lights and recoated all the bars and lifting mechanisms. It was a little tricky to get it working after, however with some playing you can get a feel for how the mechanism works. 

If the lights aren't going up at all see if you can raise them manually with the knob on top of the motor (under the rubber cover). 

7 minutes ago, bear924 said:

If they go up, then drop back down, you have something adjusted incorrectly. Also make sure the lifting piece is between the two fingers of the light.

When I did my engine I removed the lights and recoated all the bars and lifting mechanisms. It was a little tricky to get it working after, however with some playing you can get a feel for how the mechanism works. 

If the lights aren't going up at all see if you can raise them manually with the knob on top of the motor (under the rubber cover). 

They don’t go up when you flick the lights on but I can disconnect the power & raise them manually. I have them up at the moment just so I can drive at night.

If I turn the knob with the power connected they pop up then go straight back down.

If I have them up & turned on & reconnect the power they just go straight back down with lights staying on.

It all seems to be work perfectly otherwise.  

Might seem a bit of a long shot, but it could be the light switch itself .... if it is faulty in any way, it won't send the right signal to raise the lights .... 

It'd be worth removing it to see if any wires are loose or burnt, etc .....

The lights actually turn on so the switch seems to be fine but will check it out in the morning. 

Like bear924 said it might be something out of adjustment making them think they are already up or something like that. 

Archived