Carrera S 991.2 wheel swap & Spacers

W18G

G’day all

Im on the brink of adding to my garage with the imminent purchase of a demo 991.2 Carrera S ?

Couple of questions: 

It has fitted the standard Carrera s wheels finished in platinum. I prefer the RS Spyder wheels if I’d had a choice....does anyone know someone keen for a swap for these or any other factory 991.2 rim? The rims are perfect as it’s only done 2,000km. 

Also I’ve been thinking about adding some wheels spacers but haven’t had any experience in the past....thoughts welcome! 

Cherrs in advance;) 

I have some 21mm spacers for sale (gotta try). Just be aware that spacers are not ADR complaint however loads of people use them. Once you get tot the point where you cannot get 5 rotations of a nut or bolt (that holds the wheel on) it is considered unsafe, some say you must have 3 threads clear of the nut for a safe fitment and you will find some evidence for that, (generally relating to truck wheels). I hope every thing goes well with your purchase.

Spacers are a complex area in regards to legality

Check your car doesnt already have them; the 991.1 shipped with 5mm spacers as an option on the S for use with 20" wheels. If you stick to within factory specs you will be ok. Suggest also buying genuine Porsche spacers; wheels and spacers are technically a dealer fit option

5mm spacers for the 991 are around $600 and will include the new hardware

I fitted OEM spacers to my 991.1, purchased them from Porsche, around $600 as Oz says. They are supplied with longer wheel studs including the security stud. From memory the original studs were way too short to use with the 5mm spacers. The spacers push the wheels out just enough to fill the guards on the 991.1 but IMHO I don’t think they’re needed on the 991.2.

https://imgur.com/a/N8LUc

BTW @wfg18 congrats on your car. As you know, stepping into the 991 from your Targa will be like travelling through time travel

FYI - @GC9911 is the go to guy on 991's on this forum, he was very generous with his time and invaluable in my 991 hunt, he has sound knowledge and is a great guy!

Thanks all so far

@Ozvino yeah I noticed a few ‘small’ differences between the targa and 991! ? Im doing the deal today, so hopefully I’ll have the two together by end of next week for a gratuitous photo shoot haha 

1 minute ago, wfg18 said:

Thanks all so far

@Ozvino yeah I noticed a few ‘small’ differences between the targa and 991! ? Im doing the deal today, so hopefully I’ll have the two together by end of next week for a gratuitous photo shoot haha 

They aren't selling like they hoped - and they are taking a beating on the 718's

Go in for the kill

Well, deal done - I'm now the owner of a new 992.2 S. Get it next week....Should look good next to the 79. :)  I think we should arrange a drive in the not to distant future...

991.2.jpeg

Archived