WTD-Radiator Shroud

grepin

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and already breaking rules i would assume. I cant seem to post in the Wanted section however i am about to take delivery of a 1983 928S. Once i have it I will post pics and introduce myself better. In the mean time I am after the radiator shroud and snorkels as they are missing. The car is coming from Melb so can collect there or i am in Adelaide. i have been quoted $350 for the shroud alone is this a fair price. I cant help think that I would go aftermarket at that money. Sorry for posting in the wrong area however look forward to a being part of the site and sharing my 928 journey. Greg.

You only need to be an FM to sell stuff, anyone can post wanted adds (well that is how it was....) maybe as it was your first post?

Try Matt Nicholson, he has dismantled a lot of 928s.

0424 928 930

Failing that try 928 International in the US.

I doubt you will find an aftermarket shroud? Was your price for a used one, or new?

Ok thanks for the contact.

Price was for a second hand one..

I could get something from 928Int for around $230 landed which is ok.

For aftermarket 928 motorsport do a top bracket with the pods for $120US as they have a dual thermo fan kit now that does away with the shroud.

But it sort of forces me down the thermo fan rout straight away where I just want to get it going at min cost as money is better spent else where.

Not sure if the thermo fan is something that people like to do or not.

I still run the standard fan/ shroud setup. I have installed a new radiator and all seems good.

They did swap the thermos fans on later models, but for me the original setup works well.

Pelican list a new one for $206 US, not sure if still available though.

Another great tool to use when trying to identify parts is the Porsche PET parts catalogue which is available online, if you didn't already know. Click on link below & use the drop down menus to find your model & year range. Once you choose the catalogue you require click on the display box to open it & then save it to your hard drive.

https://www.porsche.com/australia/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/

0iHL4ZP.png

Archived