How to seperate an egg

Guest vas930

I have got to try that one Vas! Have you seen this?

ZIPLOC OMELETTE

(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them, or whip prior in a small bowl.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes [we did 15 minutes]. You can usually cook 6-8 omelettes in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelette will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed. (Careful of the heat escaping)

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 15 minutes, you've got a nice omelette for a quick breakfast!!!

Oh no Vas! They're baby chickens!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though. That's absolutely brilliant.

You got a lot of time on your hands!!!!!!!

hehe, I wish I did. :D

However, I do love to cook.

Not eating meat for the last 17 years, I use alot of eggs.

And that's about as cool a way to seperate them as I have seen.

I have got to try that one Vas! Have you seen this?

ZIPLOC OMELETTE

(This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them, or whip prior in a small bowl.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes [we did 15 minutes]. You can usually cook 6-8 omelettes in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelette will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed. (Careful of the heat escaping)

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 15 minutes, you've got a nice omelette for a quick breakfast!!!

Sounds great.

I do use the small bags for poached eggs.

The omelettes in a bag sound good.

The good thing with the bag is, no mess.

Thanks for that. :)

They are a small paper type bag called "Poachies".

You can get them at the supermarket.

You find them close to the pots and pans. (maybe next to socks or icecream at Aldi)

Egg goes into bag.

Bag and egg in water.

4 to 6 mins.

Perfect poached eggs. :)

hehe, I wish I did. :D

However, I do love to cook.

Not eating meat for the last 17 years, I use alot of eggs.

And that's about as cool a way to seperate them as I have seen.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

life would not be worth living if i couldn't devour a few chickens a week

All we need now is a cooking thread..................................having said that, I've always struggled getting the poached eggs right.

Thanks for the tips.

Now let's get onto this "no eating meat" business Vas!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived