Sweet relief-fresh air at last!

Harvs11

A little history first.  I bought my 911 SC 11 years ago as an imported from USA conversion. The AC was left out after the swap which loses plenty of mass but also loses ventilation into the cabin. Along with fixed quarter windows there's really bugger all airflow. After too many hot days with only the wheezy foot vents for fresh air I finally got around to reconnecting the centre dash vents. 

Apart from contorting yourself to feed the 60mm hose to the upper vent it is such a simple fix.  Remove the hose that runs from the blower to the passenger side diverter.  I initially fitted a y piece to split the air between feet and dash but it resulted in almost no flow to the dash. I fitted the hose directly to the centre vent and the video proves the result😁

42ABCF11-5D7D-41F7-8BB7-DFCCD43BDA4C.thumb.jpeg.c9e30c0621184a2401d007831db81e2a.jpeg

I'd show the wind in my hair but these days the string will need to suffice. 🙄

And for those contemplating the AC delete , keep the small front blower and switch and let it feed air under the dash also. I used a Y piece to share the love to the passenger.
This is for LHD. Have no idea about those RHD foreign jobs, as Jay Leno would say.

20 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

And for those contemplating the AC delete , keep the small front blower and switch and let it feed air under the dash also. I used a Y piece to share the love to the passenger.
This is for LHD. Have no idea about those RHD foreign jobs, as Jay Leno would say.

As far as I can tell the LHD HVAC has been replaced with a RHD unit. I can't find any small front blowers, just the main unit under the centre air intake. The levers operate as usual to control air distribution. The fresh air blower still runs to the floor on the driver's side, only the passenger floor vent is redundant now.  Passengers (a rare encumbrance) will have to make do with sharing the centre dash vent.

20 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

As far as I can tell the LHD HVAC has been replaced with a RHD unit. I can't find any small front blowers, just the main unit under the centre air intake. The levers operate as usual to control air distribution. The fresh air blower still runs to the floor on the driver's side, only the passenger floor vent is redundant now.  Passengers (a rare encumbrance) will have to make do with sharing the centre dash vent.

Admittedly my LHD is ex Japan., full of the mysteries of the Orient!

Archived