Bridgestone Adrenalins

9fan

I too have been considering these in 205 and 215/60x15 for my 1970 911, but I haven't physically seen them. They are well priced compared to other brands, especially for road use. My son has them on his Holden SS and he says- great in the dry, not so great in the wet. I'm still leaning toward them over Toyo T1Rs, proxy 4s, BF Goodridge G Force Sport and Falken.Be interested which way you go.

I too have been considering these in 205 and 215/60x15 for my 1970 911, but I haven't physically seen them. They are well priced compared to other brands, especially for road use. My son has them on his Holden SS and he says- great in the dry, not so great in the wet. I'm still leaning toward them over Toyo T1Rs, proxy 4s, BF Goodridge G Force Sport and Falken.Be interested which way you go.

Hi 911T,

I love my Bridgestone S02's (wet&dry) which I have on the Front but will probably go the replacement RE001's on the Rear in the next month.

Cheers, 9fan.

Hi PCM911T

I have the Toyo Proxes T1R on my Carrera 4. The tyres seem to be excellent in the wet. The Proxes have a very agressive tread pattern good for wet roads and also quiet with no noticeable road noise. They are cheap enough to buy at about $200 a piece. I was recommended these by Robert Tuckett from Hastings Tyrepower, he has used these with good results in tarmac rallies. The Proxes is not an 'N' rated tyre (a tyre developed in a partnership between the tyre manufacturer and Porsche). You can spend a lot of money on a tyre and may never get the full speed rating use out of it. So far the Proxes are wearing well (with spirited driving) and I can recommend them!

I previously ran Bridgstone S03's and found them a bit slippery once the tread had worn about halfway and also found the mileage wear was fairly low.....

Frank

Hi Guys,

Have also been recommended Hankook Ventus R-s2 comes in 245 but will be asking about the Ventus V12 in 255x40.Thanks for advice on the Proxes Frank will check it out.

Cheers, 9fan.

I bought the Adrenalines in the end on the recommendation of the Bridgestone dealer who has had Porsche experience. A much better tyre than the Hankooks he also sold in his opinion. 205 and 215/60 by 15's. They look great and feel much better than my previous Falkens. Higher profile gives a more balanced and comfortable ride.$190 each and a $50 voucher for Bunnings throw in.

Hi Guys,

I had Re001s but wasn't happy with the grip compared to my S02s. On advice from my Dealer (with Porsche race experience) and his offsider who runs these on his WRX, I will get a front set of the Ventus Rs2 225x45x17 and also run them on the rear to see how they go before getting the rears.They said these would be much better than the T1Rs (same price) for road competition.

I also picked up a lovely set of 17" turbo wheels to put them on.If anyone is interested I have another Porsche set for sale Turbo 7x17 9x17 fit 944S2 964 993 996.

Will be happy to give the Tyre Dealer name if he is right about the Tyres.

Cheers, 9fan.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Decided to fit Hankook R-s2 Rears 245x40x17 (widest option)on 9"rim Rear.Recommended by Mark Donnellans (The Tyremen) at a great price.

Gave them a run at the Hillclimb, found they had great grip even for a green tyre with very little sidewall flex.Will be going back to get the Fronts 225x45x17 7.5" rim . Great value and Performance !

Cheers, Mark.

Archived