Are Cookie Cutters really all CRACKED up?

Harvs11

I've recently got hold of a set of Cookie Cutters. A friend was clearing out some left over parts after a 911 resto. and these wheels were perfectly priced at mates rates :)

There are plenty of "I've heard that cookie cutters crack when used on the track" claims on forums by people who have never actually had first hand experience of these wheels and some who say they never have any problems.

I know that Fuchs forged wheels are preferred as they are stronger, but are the cookies OK for track use? ...has anyone out there ever used CC's as track wheels?

I'd really appreciate some first hand knowledge about CC's before I commit to spending on tyres for these wheels.

Cheers,

Harv.

I've done some asking around, and it seems that cookie cutters cracking is internet myth more than reality.

Thanks for taking the time to look this up James.

This is what I suspected. I got the same sort of feedback from Pelican Tech Forum from a few guys who have used them on track cars for years.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-autocross-track-racing/713336-cookie-cutters-ok-track.html

I am giving my CC's a cleanup and a coat of shiny stuff then I will be shopping for tyres soon.

Archived