996 Turbo - new hybrid turbo(s) coming :-)

Thought I’d share a pic of the standard turbo(s) vs the new hybrid Turbo’s I currently have in manufacture. These new snails will be good for upward of 700hp, however due to fueling or should I say lack of it, power will be limited (via ECU mapping) to around 600hp. These turbo’s utilize a larger hybrid wheel on the hot side & a similar 997 GT2 wheel on the compressor side. This combination will essentially ensure zero lag.

Turbo on the left is the standard unit, hybrid on the right. Add VP109 race fuel & life's good :P

clip_image001.jpg

Gee I just cannot imagine how fast that thing is going to be! The way you are going you will beat Richard Branson into earth orbits!! :D

And here I was getting exicted about a 20hp gain with the ECU chip I have coming :rolleyes:

Cheers

Chris

At this point I think I can use the "FULLY SICK MATE" expression!

:D

One of these day a Turbo is going to live in my garage, and we might have a chat sometime after that... what will they be worth, any idea yet?

Kerry

One of these day a Turbo is going to live in my garage, and we might have a chat sometime after that... what will they be worth, any idea yet?

Kerry

Price is very reasonable. Approx AUD 7K (includes Turbo’s, modified waste gate assembly, 5 bar FPR and ECU remapping) plus freight ex USA. I actually use Durametric software to log/check key data points, this ensures the remapped ECU is within an acceptable safety range. In combination with this you would also require a higher spec pressure plate & clutch & free flowing exhaust.

The 997 GT2 is a different animal. It only requires minimal modifications to unleash the full power/torque potential. ECU remap & free flowing exhaust (AUD 20K). Beyond that it becomes a very slippery slope of $$ spent for hp gain. With the recent changes (remap & exhaust) driving the GT2 with traction control disengaged is not advisable…..tried it last weekend & scared the daylights out of me.

Hmmm... interesting stuff.

This is obviously something that you do as a profession, or just an unbridled obsession?! :D

"A slippery slope" eh? One we're all at different stages of slipping down I'd wager!

Kerry

Archived