Looking for an SC or Carrera -PM

Merv

I am, over the next few months, looking for a good-very good condition SC or Carrera (up to 88/9)  RHD preferred, but original LHD also considered. I am not obsessed by "Australian delivered". Conversions and customised/track cars are not sought and originality is a key for me.

Also interested in the early IB cars IF the 2.7 motor has evidence of being been well rebuilt. Manual cars only, that are rust free and strong mechanically.  I have seen all the ones on Car Sales and also looking at a couple of nice Targas locally.

Please PM me if you know of any.

With appreciation,

Merv

Merv I have a mint matching numbers 2.7 IB left hand drive car heading to market very soon if your interested.

Just had a full body and paint restoration to bare metal body is perfect rust free and never seen an accident 

709E7DE8-E89B-4A62-9758-E902323BA00E.jpeg

Merv, you must now that usually people representing themselves as cash buyers are either dealers or people who aren't happy to pay market price for cars that are advertised through the common sites, cash itself is certainly not seen as lure. This is not intended as a criticism, more an observation.

Nice looking car Mr Wilson, how much is the refinish going to add to the ask?

16 minutes ago, 9er said:

Merv, you must now that usually people representing themselves as cash buyers are either dealers or people who aren't happy to pay market price for cars that are advertised through the common sites, cash itself is certainly not seen as lure. This is not intended as a criticism, more an observation.

Hi Mr 9er 

I think the car will be priced fairly . The intention was to put it to market as a car I can be proud of not really to gain more money on the asking price .

As mentioned it was taken back to metal the only rust it did have was under the windscreen which was only minor all documented with images .

All necessary rubber seals replaced engine lid doors sunroof etc wheels refinished it really looks a treat just waiting for a few indicators seals etc and car will be done .

Like mentioned matching numbers with history early IB the car has been loved and well cared for . 

56888DC3-9EAF-47C7-ACEE-79C298ADD98A.jpeg

5B8499BD-3340-45C8-81A6-74DFDBB66261.jpeg

BDB34F5A-A342-44F6-8A26-4E2C2CA13F0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, 9er said:

Good observation Chris. Thanks for that.   In this case I am happy to pay fair price for a private sale all round and it is cash. 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Hi Mr 9er 

I think the car will be priced fairly . The intention was to put it to market as a car I can be proud of not really to gain more money on the asking price .

As mentioned it was taken back to metal the only rust it did have was under the windscreen which was only minor all documented with images .

All necessary rubber seals replaced engine lid doors sunroof etc wheels refinished it really looks a treat just waiting for a few indicators seals etc and car will be done .

Like mentioned matching numbers with history early IB the car has been loved and well cared for . 

56888DC3-9EAF-47C7-ACEE-79C298ADD98A.jpeg

5B8499BD-3340-45C8-81A6-74DFDBB66261.jpeg

BDB34F5A-A342-44F6-8A26-4E2C2CA13F0E.jpeg

Thanks Wilson.  Can you please send me some details and interior and exterior images?  Many thanks Merv: mervhyde@gmail.com 

3 minutes ago, Merv said:

Good observation Chris. Thanks for that.   In this case I am happy to pay fair price for a private sale all round and it is cash. 

Thanks Wilson.  Can you please send me some details and interior and exterior images?  Many thanks Merv: mervhyde@gmail.com 

Will do Merv 

Can you give me a week and will get all the details through to you . 

Cheers 

54 minutes ago, Merv said:

Sure, no problem.  Looks a nice car.

Thanks Merv 

If you can me a week that would be great . As mentioned a few rubber parts have just turned up so should be finished by the end of week . This car is very original and unmolested 

This is the build

CFF4FF29-CC66-4EF1-BE43-D31CA2385186.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  I was contacted by many folk here and saw some outstanding cars.  Some advertised, other not as yet.  I would have been happy to buy at least 3-4 of them in a heartbeat.  Paul's 76S above, is a stunner.  I have settled (in some contrast to my first post) for an Australia-delivered 1988 Carrera 3.2/G50 with excellent logbook history and condition (arguably the last air-cooled 911 designated model).

I also wanted to thank sincerely several people on this thread (they know who they are) who have looked at cars for me across Australia and given wise advice.  A great tribute to their dedication to the marque and to their collegiality. 

Many thanks,

Merv

2 minutes ago, Merv said:

Thanks everyone.  I was contacted by many folk here and saw some outstanding cars.  Some advertised, other not as yet.  I would have been happy to buy at least 3-4 of them in a heartbeat.  Paul's 77S above, is a stunner.  I have settled (in some contrast to my first post) for an Australia-delivered 1988 Carrera 3.2/G50 with excellent logbook history and condition (arguably the last air-cooled 911 designated model).

I also wanted to thank sincerely several people on this thread (they know who they are) who have looked at cars for me across Australia and given wise advice.  A great tribute to their dedication to the marque and to their collegiality. 

Many thanks,

Merv

Good stuff Merv .

Congratulations on your new car it was great conversing with you and always nice to meet another enthusiast.