Cayenne E Hybrid

DJM

Anyone got the current model?  Understand the previous one was a bit shit.  I need to replace my tow car and I reckon with the advance of electric vehicles, a diesel will be a liability in 5 - 10 years.  Not keen on full electric at this stage particularly given the towing need.

The new Cayenne E Hybrid seems like a good step in that direction, it has combined 340kW, 700Nm, can tow 3.5T and its quicker than the more expensive cayenne S.  I'm building a new house so I could install the charging infrastructure easily.

Borrowing one next weekend from PCM. I'm wondering if anyone has real world experience?  YouTube reviews are very complimentary.

bmw have x5 45e and Mercedes gle 500e on the way, similar concept but the cayenne interior is particularly nice.  

The sales guy at PCM said "they got it right with this one" with a smirk, implying the previous one was a bit of a toe in the water that had some issues.  Didn't get into it as I wasn't considering that model.

Both have pretty poor EV only range, the new one has only about 40km between charges compared to X5 which claims 88km.  

I'm out, the bloody Porsche ridiculous options list pissed me off.  List is $135k plus on roads but it's A $180k+ prospect on road with a modest ticking of boxes = drug money.  Demos are about $180k and $200k.  I canned the test drive as a consequence. Next.....