carrera 3

duk

Hi duk,

In 1977 there were 73 imported into Australia.

Quite a lot compared to the much smaller numbers of 74' and 75' Carreras. I don't have exact numbers, but I think about 16 in 75'. (surely there is someone out there that can correct me).

Cheers,

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi John,

I personally think that the 3.0 Carrera is the next in the collectable lineage to the '73RS/'74&'75 Carreras... and as such will always be a desirable car. How much is a good question, I haven't been paying too much attention lately, maybe a call to Rob Raymer at RSR Services, or someone similar would offer you a current market insight. Rob is usually pretty open to phone conversations about such subjects, and the chances are he'll probably know where there are a couple in hiding! ;)

Cheers,

Kerry

• 5 weeks later...

Hi John,

I personally think that the 3.0 Carrera is the next in the collectable lineage to the '73RS/'74&'75 Carreras... and as such will always be a desirable car. How much is a good question, I haven't been paying too much attention lately, maybe a call to Rob Raymer at RSR Services, or someone similar would offer you a current market insight. Rob is usually pretty open to phone conversations about such subjects, and the chances are he'll probably know where there are a couple in hiding! ;)

Cheers,

Kerry

The 3.o Carrera is certainly gaining in value, I think they were in SC territory but now hover in the 60s for a good one, maybe more.

They'll never reach 74/75 Carrera status, I think mainly due to their CIS injection, if they were MFI they would already be right up there...

Archived