AU Lighting - US import

Seventy911

Do you have a US long hood import on club or full reg? Curious to know what changes you had to make to your lights for RWC. (excluding RHD H4s - done!)? 

US spec front:

Signal: Amber

Side Marker: Amber

Parking light: Amber (second filament in signal bulb)

• '74 onwards H4 has parking light in main parabola. AU / EU  parking light or sometimes called city lights is located in small clear window of signal lens next to horn grille. US housings missing the small parabola and bulb holder / Lens all amber.

US spec rear:

Stop / Tail: Red

Back up: White

Signal: Amber

Side Marker: Amber

RWC pre inspection told me I need rear parking light to be red not amber!

Parking lights - 2005 ADR: White in front, red at the rear, amber if reciprocally incorporated with side –direction-indicators or side marker lamps.

Side Marker Lights - 2005 ADR: Amber to the front, red to the rear.
For side-marker lamps complying with ADR 74/00 and fitted according to paragraph 6.18 of Appendix A of this vehicle standard, the lamp must emit amber light to the front and rear except for the rearmost lamp which may emit red light.

from these ADR's it would seem I should be able to negotiate no change? Down side is the front turn signals are really dull with lights on!

many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...