How to post photos question?

A wise man once said to me ...No question is a stupid question C4...

This is what I do.

Firstly do you have a photobucket account? If not open one up it's free.

Then obviously load your photo(s) onto your computer. Store them in pictures or desktop or wherever you normally store your stuff.

Then get into you photobucket account, hit the upload button, and drag your photos into the upload box.

Photobucket will do the rest. You have now started your own library in photobucket.

Then you click onto the photo from your photobucket library, it will open onto a bigger screen. You will see the image data code on the right hand bottom side of where the photo is displayed.

Click onto that code and you will see a sign come up "copied" it is now stored on the rh side of your mouse.

Go back to the post in the forum box, right click the mouse into that box and the code will be unloaded. (cut and paste basically)

Once you hit the post button below the box all should be revealed..

hopefully that should help if I have explained it right. I only use photobucket, there may be easier places out there.

If you are having further trouble give me a PM where you are stuck, or what you may not understand.

Good luck with it.

Niko,

Yes I got the photobucket going, thanks for that. it's just that I see some posts have photos in them directly but when I try to load photos the sites says I am exceeding the file size limit so I end up posting really small images or posting the link to the photos in photobucket or even Vimeo.

ok, if you are exceeding the file limit you may have to resize some photos even before loading them onto photobucket.

******Alternatively an easy fix will probably be.......

if you are taking the photos yourself that you want to load, make sure your camera setting for "image quality"is not on "FINE" (also stay away from RAW)

if it is on either of those change it to Normal or Basic through your menu for Image Quality. I would do basic and that should mean your images will not have to be resized and should load up onto the forum via photobucket.

(or Vimeo although I have not used Vimeo).

Hope that may help.

Archived