WSC Active Suspension

jameshaydn

Well, I finally fitted the unit to my 2006 Cs2 M(RHD). Main box was quite easy but the Accelerometer was a little bit difficult. The original loom was a bit tight to splice and solder but we managed.
So, what's it like you ask?

An easy analogy is the original PASM system of Active Suspension was the nest thing since sliced bread. But the Control Box was akin to an iPhone 3, where the DSC unit is simply and iPhone 11MAX!

Immediate response is fantastic. And it got better from there. As we all know the PASM system is a pearler in the first place. Changes the concept of a 911 being a 'widow maker' for the uninitiated to WOW!!, how easy is this?

The road manners were the first thing I noticed. Slow speeds over average roads prior to DSC was ok, a bit annoying sometimes but it is a world beating sportscar so stop whining! Then, push the Sport button and bang bang bang! Boy this is a stiff car. Ok for the track but hardly necessary around town.

Now with DSC fitted, the ride is amazing at slow speeds on averages roads. So compliant. No longer teeth jarring ride over cats eyes etc. So, I couldn't be happier. But wait!

Time to get into it a bit! Don't get me wrong here. My original PASM box was a good thing too. I've done a bit of club racing over the years so I've got a rough idea of what's good and what's not so. The 997 is a great car. I found it a bit twitchy in places and never felt I could give it 7/10ths let alone10/10ths. I put it down to me only owning the car for a few months and doing under 1000ks in it due to lockdown here in Melbourne. So the performance DSC unit was eagerly awaited.
I have a 'road' near me that's got a 160k fast bit and several fast 2nd and 3rd gear corners. Yesterday I lucked in the heaving the road for myself. Rare.

The second thing I noticed the DSC is the virtual elimination of the porpoise effect with the nose of the car raising up under hard acceleration and diving under heavy braking.

Well the next thing I noticed was that it was all of a sudden easy to drive. At speed! Under pressure! I found where previous corners were 2nd gear, now they were 3rd gear. So much faster and with so much more confidence. An absolute delight to drive. (the high speed run was in Sport mode)

When I got back home my wife asked what was wrong, of course I told her, and then she couldn't shut me up! (after all, she did buy it for me for Fathers Day...)

Obviously many thanks to the guys at DSC for their excellent work. But I must go back to the author of the Definitive Buyers Guide on the Rennlist Forum. For it is the most comprehensive guide I've seen.

What a weapon!!