997.1 c2 Engine Mounts

jm997c2

Hi guys,

So the time has come to replace the old mounts.  I am debating  replacing with the standard type / OE design or a semi solid engine mount such as Rennline's semi solid engine mount.

Was wondering what your thoughts would be and if anyone is running semi solid mounts?  How harsh are they and would you recommend?

Cheers

Jerry.

18 minutes ago, jm997c2 said:

Hi guys,

So the time has come to replace the old mounts.  I am debating  replacing with the standard type / OE design or a semi solid engine mount such as Rennline's semi solid engine mount.

Was wondering what your thoughts would be and if anyone is running semi solid mounts?  How harsh are they and would you recommend?

Cheers

Jerry.

If you're  car is used every day , Standard or close to that firmness , If  a track hack the firmer the better but if you enjoy  the the weekend twistys Rennline semi solid would be a good fit 

22 hours ago, tomo said:

If you're  car is used every day , Standard or close to that firmness , If  a track hack the firmer the better but if you enjoy  the the weekend twistys Rennline semi solid would be a good fit 

Thanks v.much Tomo.  Upon further research I think I will go with Wevo's semi solid mounts.  Cheers.  THanks again.

I went with RSS mounts to replace the worn out originals in the 996.1 and initially felt there was too much NVH but either they have loosened a bit or I got used to it.  

Doing it over again I'd just get new originals and replace once they get floppy / droop.