996 C4S Lower Control Arms

CJC

My lower control arms are squeaky (when driving at low speed over driveways etc).

Id like to replace them.

I don’t track the car so they don’t need to be adjustable (for negative camber).

I know the OEM part is / was made by TRW but it seems very difficult to find the TRW part now because of a legal dispute between them and Porsche a few years ago.

There are other brands such as Meyle (but I have read these can be slightly longer or shorter than the OEM part causing problems).

I’m based in Sydney. What are peoples thoughts / recommendations? And where to buy? I’m not particularly keen on going from rubber to poly either.

Cheers, Chris 

Are you positive it’s lower control arms? I had a similar experience squeak which was top mounts. I had a full refresh done by Dave at east coast in Taren point recently.

‘if you are doing DIY try Masterparts in Chatswood (AH online store). I know a lot of people also order the refresh kits from elephant racing as you can pick your preference for the type of driving you do.

Hi. Dave at East Coast installed new Elephant Racing front top mounts and Ohlins coilovers all round, so I’m thinking the coffin arms are the culprit as it’s low speed undulation (speed bumps, driveways etc) that brings it out. Will look into the Masterparts and Elephant Racing options. Otherwise the Meyle parts from Germany seem to be reasonable. 

8 hours ago, CJC said:

Hi. Dave at East Coast installed new Elephant Racing front top mounts and Ohlins coilovers all round, so I’m thinking the coffin arms are the culprit as it’s low speed undulation (speed bumps, driveways etc) that brings it out. Will look into the Masterparts and Elephant Racing options. Otherwise the Meyle parts from Germany seem to be reasonable. 

Try fcpeuro in the US   . Best in the businss / reliable / cheap shipping / accurate shiping estimates if they ave your parts.  if they do, put in a cart and save it, but don't proceed.  after 24 hours they will send a reminder email nd give you a 5% discount.  Helps offset some shipping costs.    I  would dollar cost average on the shipping, eg buy you next genuine porsche service parts