993 Rear Parcel Shelf Speakers - Retrofitted some ?

symsy

Has anyone found a good replacement and retro fit for rear parcel shelf speakers on a 993.

I have read some old posts on other forums , depth seems to be the issue and I want to retain the original covers/grilles and have the original head unit in my car.

I can get the crappy Nokias  at $500 plus , but money aside im loathed to do that as they sound terrible and the paper cones even on New Old Stock will be getting near its used by date .

I have googled some the speaker models mentioned elsewhere JBL and Polk but even these model speakers referenced seem to now be discontinued.

Subscribed.  Is this for the hifi speakers with the little extra dome, in the rear or standard ones ? 

im often thinking of doing a proper 993 sound system upgrade but it would have to look totally oem.  

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Subscribed.  Is this for the hifi speakers with the little extra dome, in the rear or standard ones ? 

im often thinking of doing a proper 993 sound system upgrade but it would have to look totally oem.  

Yes sorry good point , the HIfi ones .  I changed my fronts some years ago in existing mountings/frames  .. and made a massive difference  on standard setup  . I use a Yatir CD changer simulator for easy access to music , 600 tracks on an SD card and they have even since upgraded that for bluetooth playback .

It depends how far you wanna go 

5 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Hmm gonna check , with your heritage I expected to open a picture of a massiv SUB -WOOOFA mate ;)  That wasnt you getting rowdy at the Melissa cake shop the other week in Doncaster was it mate .. taking the GT out for its 5km warm up ?