I wanna be a 944 mechanic

Aussie944S

Well..... little white lie...

I want to be able to feel that no task is beyond my level of expertise, which at this point is really basic. With that can do a WP/TB change no dramas.

So with that I've only got this year left living in Sydney before a move to somewhere else in this sun burnt land, what I looking for is someone who maybe able to pass on there mechanical know how of the 944 to me through practical application on either my ride or there's.

The only reason I'm asking is that when I did my WP/TB and so forth myself the satisfaction that I got doing it with my own hands was almost comparable to when my boys where born, but when I busted coin for a good mechanic to jazz up a few jobs I was nervous about doing, I had a little piece of me die inside.

Sounds a little extreme I know, and I don't mind paying a good mechanic to do the job, as this car is my daily driver and they can do more in a day than I could... mainly cause I'm double... triple checking my work. But the fact remains I didn't buy this car to have someone else keep it going.

Short part to this month long story is that if someone in the area is willing to take an eager "apprentice" under there wing let me know.

Cheers peace out happy porsche'n

• 1 month later...

Good for you! I can only speak for myself but its a matter of just working on any car you can that builds your skills. I am sure Theo,Wassa and Jim would agree as I know they all have very good skills and just turn them to whatever is at hand. Once you learn the mechanics of how stuff works things just fall into place. You find yourself not needing to know every step as you can sumise that it will require x+?+y to allow part Z to work. Then its just a matter of knowing the best way to do the job. Clearly Oz will be able to give you the 944 detailed info you require but I just thought I would pant the seed that helps you grow a bigger tree. :)

Yeah cheers lads, I'm confident in my skills its just the approach and little details that make the job easier and professional.

I'm thinking of getting a second motor so I have something to learn with... but I might do that after I move.

Archived