missing 914

gulf908

I am writing a story on RHD 914s in Australia for Duck & Whale magazine

one car I am having trouble locating was converted by Crayford  UK

I am told that a white 914 sold here in Sydney about June last year may be the car I am missing

does anyone know its whereabouts ?

pm if appropriate

TIA

Dennis   

mystery 914.png

If it is that one in the picture, Presley's buy, restore and sell classic cars of all sorts, have you tried calling them? I did sell them an Alfa a couple years back and they were good to deal with back then. 

• 2 months later...

don't think that one is the missing white crayford car dennis.

if it is its been done over.

that one is running riviera wheels.  

the crayfords car had a unique set of revolution 5 spoke 4 bolt alloys (english 1970s).  only an insane person would have removed them to put rivs on.  the crayfords car had factory rocker panels not those sh#te aftermarket ones.   it also had a unique spoiler on the front,  other giveaway was black targa bar trim, not chrome.    it also had a porsche badge glued to the steering wheel horn boss to disguise the round wolfsburg crest.  

think thats a later usa sourced import.  

can't imagine the crayfords car got done over.  it was still intact maybe 15, 20 years ago when it was here in melbourne.  still had porsche decal graphics on the sill panels (not in the usual place along the lower door level.  

but you never know when it comes to the cavalier way 914s got/still get treated.

hope you find it.  its a unique specimen.  you will know it when you find it.  has the same hand stitched dash board as the green crayfords car now in sydney.   it had a black interior.