Hello All ,

I’m reaching out to members of this forum or any person with knowledge of the correct configuration on

my Porsche.

I’m a owner of a 1973 1/2 911 E

I was presented with the previous owner’s COA when I purchased the car some 10 years back.

The certificate of authenticity indicated that the car came with S trim which included the split front spoiler.

Also, the car was fitted at the factory with rectangular fog lamps.

have found Porsche’s part number for the fog lamps. (901 631 205 01) 

The diagram shows these to have the correct angle mounting stud on the back of the lamp to fit the S valance.

However, I can not find a part number for the mounting bracket.

For that matter I’m uncertain that I’ve ever seen these light on a early 911 S ? Most lamps are round and mounted through 

the horn grill.

I would greatly appreciate any photos of the lamps on a car, or photos of the mounting hardware. They must be rarer.

Possibly I could have them fabricated if I can not come up with original ones.

Thank you for any help .

Greg N

Thanks ! They must have been rarer. Heritage sent me the parts break down on the actual lamps, however they weren’t able to image the mounting hardware.

Yes I’ve reached out to fellow members of Early 911 Register with no success.

I appreciate your input. I’m not giving up !

11 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Last year I checked with Staddard with no success. They offer the lamps for the regular bumper. Also the have the round lamps that go through the horn grill. Wasn’t very helpful finding the S style rectangular lamps which attach to two hole on each side of the bottom of the S valance.