2016 991.2 - A number of services outside of Porsche.

Hey there,

I've found a lovely 2016 991.2S, but there's 3 years of service not done via Porsche. It has 17,18, and 22 from a Porsche Dealership. It has also had it's front bumper replaced, bonnet repainted (2 different years) by Porsche Melb / Brighton and a few resprays of the rims.

What are people's thoughts of this on a newer car? I just want to make sure I make a good decision before dropping cash on my first Porsche. I guess it's like any car there's always history so need some advice ;)

7 minutes ago, PorkaDan said:

Hey there,

I've found a lovely 2016 991.2S, but there's 3 years of service not done via Porsche. It has 17,18, and 22 from a Porsche Dealership. It has also had it's front bumper replaced, bonnet repainted (2 different years) by Porsche Melb / Brighton and a few resprays of the rims.

What are people's thoughts of this on a newer car? I just want to make sure I make a good decision before dropping cash on my first Porsche. I guess it's like any car there's always history so need some advice ;)

Private sale or dealer?  If private sale, sound the owner out on what has actually happened and why, and check out the reputation of the people carrying out the the non-dealer services - Melb is serviced by a number of reputable and competent independents.  Perhaps main thing would be to consider availability of / eligibility for any extended warranty (perhaps impacted by the non-dealer servicing), others know more about that side of things than me.  

Also, price?  I was looking at 991.1S's recently and there was quite a few unrealistically high prices on some earlier cars, particularly on lower spec cars.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply, it's actually this one here (https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-carrera-s-991-auto-my17/OAG-AD-20977145) so Duttons. 

I think the prices are coming down a bit, the current one at Porsche Melbourne is the same price but a standard Carrera without PSE (https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-carrera-991-auto-my17/OAG-AD-20918504) of course this is Porsche Approved. But I've made the call that I want the PSE and prefer the S.

Can't speak to the hit to value, but with p-cars older than 10 years its very rare to see the dealer service continue - major services at the dealer they tend to tip you upside down to make sure they got all your money. This car is 6.5 years old so I'd say not completely unusual.

Sounds like it could have been involved in a low speed dust up, I'm not sure why you'd replace the bumper otherwise. Resprays of bumpers and bonnets are extremely common, especially if the car has seen the track with no PPF on the front, so it may not be a bingle and just a 'freshen up' but still something to look into.

Rims - not much to see here - just part and parcel of being daily driven - which given the kms it must have been from time to time.

13 hours ago, PorkaDan said:

Hey there,

Looks great, Agate is awesome colour. its a 2015 built though but great options.

If you have the coin, bargain a little, get a PPI done and see what needs doing like Tyres or brakes etc and use that to argue lower price.

Life is short.