1967 Porsche Factory - a guy collects his 912 in person

He still owns the car at the time of this being posted to youtube.

The footage is really cool, its old homestyle camcorder Video8 footage I think!

There were no camcorders in 1967.

It will have been filmed on Super8 film - hence no sound, sound recorded film back in those days was hellishly expensive, even for buyers of 912s.   But it is well converted with very little flicker which can arise from the different shutter speeds of modern day video formats and vintage projectors.   I have done some Super8 conversion and my results were not this good.

There were no camcorders in 1967.

It will have been filmed on Super8 film - hence no sound, sound recorded film back in those days was hellishly expensive, even for buyers of 912s.   But it is well converted with very little flicker which can arise from the different shutter speeds of modern day video formats and vintage projectors.   I have done some Super8 conversion and my results were not this good.

Thanks for correcting me Coastr.. when I typed that up I knew I had it totally wrong but I was too lazy to go and research it first :(

Outside the factory still looked much the same back in 2008, even how the had all the cars parked.

Oh so you did buy a Boxster!  I remember your early posts asking about them.  My folks also live in Romsey, which is why I remembered you.

Archived