Personal import value

Prior to covid car craziness, UK cars routinely were sold at a 20-30% discount to the exact same Aussie delivered car and it was like that as long as I can remember.

Covid demand changed things and closed the price gap to almost nothing, especially for desirable models.

With increasing interest rates here who knows how that will change again?

The buyers of older cars tend to not have to worry about finance so much, so I'd be looking at the 993 for arbitrage opportunities.

If it were me there has to be cash to be made on 993 Turbos. Prices here are insane. Especially going UK to AUS.

On 01/11/2022 at 09:15, sleazius said:

Prior to covid car craziness, UK cars routinely were sold at a 20-30% discount to the exact same Aussie delivered car and it was like that as long as I can remember.

Covid demand changed things and closed the price gap to almost nothing, especially for desirable models.

With increasing interest rates here who knows how that will change again?

The buyers of older cars tend to not have to worry about finance so much, so I'd be looking at the 993 for arbitrage opportunities.

If it were me there has to be cash to be made on 993 Turbos. Prices here are insane. Especially going UK to AUS.

997.2's have a solid delta to cover the cost of bringing one over factoring in the discount. Also an easy car to pass the engineering review.

Once you factor it all in a lot of cars are not worth it.