Whereis Navigation CD for 2003 cayenne S

Hi Forum members

Couldn't find the `help' section but have registered an account as looking for advice and/or assistance as previous internet searches to no avail.

I have a 2003 Cayenne S with the PCM navigation system.

I have a Harman/Becker automotive systems Whereis CD with 08.2003 date on cover.

This has been working fine, when inserted, although very, very out of date.

(M5, M7 in Sydney just show driving through a field) !

Recently, though, the disc must have been damaged as is now unreadable. 

I always intended on getting an update and thought I would just go to Whereis and purchase a later disc and away we go.

My research has shown, though, that this is not the case - as Porsche updates unavailable through there.

Has anyone experienced this problem and can advise a solution. ?

As it is an older vehicle (I believe Cds more appropriate then DVDs that came later), from experience does a later disc work just the same and if so where can they be purchased?

Thank you

Donna- Wollongong NSW

Hi Donna, you cannot get update CD's for the early PCM's.. if your friends with your local Porsche Dealer the service manager should be able to source you a "copy" quite easily otherwise you can buy an original from the parts department (about 100 odd dollars last time i checked).... Mercs use the same CD too from memory...

Hi Donna, can you see damage on the disc? I'm wondering if its scratched you could try a cd repair kit? Worth a try.

Also, have you tried reading the disc on a computer? I'm wondering if you can see the file system at all. If you can you could always try making another disc exactly the same. These might be cheap alternatives to buying a new disc.

I know Nix on this forum was asking about finding a maps disc too, he might chime in with his experiences. I'm pretty sure Porsche told him they don't supply the CD versions only DVD.

This is a total bummer for sure!

Good luck

Hi Donna,

As Amanda stated above, I was also after a CD for my PCM II - Porsche Centre informed me that Whereis did the original mapping for it, but stopped in 2005, mainly due to how much they could fit on the CD ROM compared to a DVD used now.

I gave up after that, as 2005 maps are a little useless with all the new infrustucture.

I've been chasing this Now for over a month. Seems in possible to get anything.

A dealer has tried a "copy" for me, but after putting it into mine, nothing disc didn't copy correctly or something.

I have been told to buy off that American oempart site but the disc was 600ish, not worth it for 04 maps...

Anyone in Brisbane wanna help me copy one successfully ? hahah

Archived