Case savers

brian in buddina

In the process of rebuilding my 2.7 magnesium case. The preferred method of repairing the pulled head studs, common to this motor, is to machine in “case savers” inserts. Unfortunately Pelican parts has run out of stock and does not know when they will be re supplied. 
24 required “Case Saver” for 10mm Stud - 14mm x 2.0 Outside, each x 25mm length, brand: Technovance

When searching in Australia for the Technovance brand case savers I was only able to source Chinese brand copies of this product. 39C47059-2CD2-42B5-AD21-AF605F1A209C.jpeg.acf740464dbc4f7957e0f3043a617bc3.jpeg

Question1 Does anyone in Australia have any extra stock of the Technovance brand case savers?

Question 2 Has anyone had any success with an alternative brand? In Wayne Dempsey book “How to rebuild and Modify Porsche 911 Engines 1965-1989” he goes into the reason why he prefers “case savers” and not to use “timecerts” due to the properties of the magnesium. 

2 hours ago, brian in buddina said:

In the process of rebuilding my 2.7 magnesium case. The preferred method of repairing the pulled head studs, common to this motor, is to machine in “case savers” inserts. Unfortunately Pelican parts has run out of stock and does not know when they will be re supplied. 
24 required “Case Saver” for 10mm Stud - 14mm x 2.0 Outside, each x 25mm length, brand: Technovance

When searching in Australia for the Technovance brand case savers I was only able to source Chinese brand copies of this product. 39C47059-2CD2-42B5-AD21-AF605F1A209C.jpeg.acf740464dbc4f7957e0f3043a617bc3.jpeg

Question1 Does anyone in Australia have any extra stock of the Technovance brand case savers?

Question 2 Has anyone had any success with an alternative brand? In Wayne Dempsey book “How to rebuild and Modify Porsche 911 Engines 1965-1989” he goes into the reason why he prefers “case savers” and not to use “timecerts” due to the properties of the magnesium. 

Have checked out this mob?

https://www.hfsindustrial.com/keysert

34 minutes ago, tomo said:

Have checked out this mob?

https://www.hfsindustrial.com/keysert

Thanks Tomo

had a look at there web site. There “keysert” was the closest but the catalogue doesn’t show the length. Will need to check that with them.