indicator problems

8t1911

Hi

The indicators on my 1981 SC  only work, and then for just a couple of flashes, when I hit a bump or when I give the dash a bit of contact counselling. I'm assuming the flasher can, or maybe the flasher relay has  failed.

Can someone tell me where they are fitted, My book says they are under the dash near the radio, but they must be well disguised. 

I've taken the tacho and oil gauge instruments out, but I still can't find either unit.

Any help would be appreciated.

I assuming the  flasher can is a small aluminium  cylindrical unit. Is that correct? Maybe its in front of me, and I am looking for the wrong thing.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Hi Ken,

Must be the change of season as my 78SC has started doing the same thing. I found the flasher unit behind the clock but accessed from under the hood after removing the cover. Mind you, having the hands of a very small person would help enormously !! Mine was sort of floating freely under there and is a square unit. If I squeeze it they work so assume some sort of connection problem.

I need to know whether they are a specific item for a Porsche as I think I need to replace.

Be interested in any others feedback,

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter

Yeah, it is behind the clock as advised, thanks,  and it is a square black unit, not the cylindrical aluminum case that I was looking for.

It is  pretty easy to access once you gently ease the clock out. And  I don't think you have to use a genuine Porsche item as the unit removed from my car has a Hella number on it, and I am sure it could be sourced locally.

Replacing the flasher unit cured the problem. 

Cheers

Ken

Archived