Cost of delivery - Wheels & Tyres

Evening all,

I have found some wheels and tyres for my non-Porsche, but still European, car that I am looking to buy. There is lots of talk on the forum about tyres so I thought I would ask the question even if it isn't related to a Porsche. (I wish it was!)

The trouble is they are located in Melbourne and I am in Sydney. Does anyone know the approximate cost of getting them to Sydney and the best way to do it? Has anyone ordered wheels and tyres and shipped them either to or from Sydney to Melbourne previously?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Steve general freight companies could charge up to $600 based on the wheel tyre combo sitting on a palette.

Look for a backload option can be cheaper, also interstate removal firms etc

Here is one option http://www.freightmatch.com.au/

Whatever you opt for, dependent on item value make sure your covered for loss damage etc and have photo evidence of the items before transport. E.g pack n send will only cover goods for damage if they pack an item.

Steve,

I had a set of 16" phone dials posted from Melbourne to Adelaide for approx $120. Tyres were fitted at the time.

Each wheel was individually sent with a printed label simply stuck on with tape.

Greg

Archived