Softronic ECU flash? Anyone here done it?

Mike D'Silva

Folks

I've just acquired a 2006 Cayman S tiptronic. 

From my WRX/STi days, ecu flashing was pretty common... I bought the cable for $150 and downloaded the free software and away I went... pretty easy.

It doesn't seem as common with the Porsche community... but I did find out about softronic.

http://www.softronictuning.com/product-information/porsche-987-cayman-s-3-4l-ecu-flash-tuning/

I'm sure lots of you know about it, but do you know anyone that has had 1st hand experience? 

The torque curve of the Cayman seems to have quite a dip which I'm assuming is emmissions control in effect, so I'd like to smooth it out. Outright HP is not what I am after.. I'm after torque.

The car is great as is, but I know I will have to tinker eventually... 

MIke

Folks

I've just acquired a 2006 Cayman S tiptronic. 

From my WRX/STi days, ecu flashing was pretty common... I bought the cable for $150 and downloaded the free software and away I went... pretty easy.

It doesn't seem as common with the Porsche community... but I did find out about softronic.

http://www.softronictuning.com/product-information/porsche-987-cayman-s-3-4l-ecu-flash-tuning/

I'm sure lots of you know about it, but do you know anyone that has had 1st hand experience? 

The torque curve of the Cayman seems to have quite a dip which I'm assuming is emmissions control in effect, so I'd like to smooth it out. Outright HP is not what I am after.. I'm after torque.

The car is great as is, but I know I will have to tinker eventually... 

MIke

A friend who had a Cayman before had the purchased the softronic tune. He said that there was a noticeable difference in performance. I am waiting for one of their 20% off sales myself before I get one for my 987 Boxster S.

Archived