Aussie in Singapore

Hey all,

Really happy to have found this group as I will be in desperate need of advice when I bring my car back to Australia next year.

I'm an expat Sydney-sider living in Singapore and drive a 997.1 Targa 4S as my daily driver up here. She's 2007 model with only 16,000kms on the clock due mainly to the first owner who owned 11 other cars!

Under the private import scheme it is well worth my time bringing it home and I understand Targas are not very common in Australia.....I love it.

I'll post some information for the forum in other sections regarding import/ foreign cars so as to increase the resource for you.

Hope I can learn a little here as well as help where possible.

Cheers

David

Hey all,

Really happy to have found this group as I will be in desperate need of advice when I bring my car back to Australia next year.

I'm an expat Sydney-sider living in Singapore and drive a 997.1 Targa 4S as my daily driver up here. She's 2007 model with only 16,000kms on the clock due mainly to the first owner who owned 11 other cars!

Under the private import scheme it is well worth my time bringing it home and I understand Targas are not very common in Australia.....I love it.

I'll post some information for the forum in other sections regarding import/ foreign cars so as to increase the resource for you.

Hope I can learn a little here as well as help where possible.

Cheers

David

Show us a pic of your targa 997 in singers?

I have never seen a 997 targa, ever.  In fact had you asked me, I would have said such a thing doesn't exist.

Interesting. That could be the case as the Targa was more expensive than the cabriolet in most markets. That means a 4S Targa Tip is without doubt the most expensive non-turbo 911 you can buy (explains why nobody owns one).

Archived