Looking..Looking

Hi everyone and thanks for allowing me to join. I have started looking to buy my very first Porsche Cayenne. Been researching the pros and cons of the VR6 vs the diesel. My commute is quite short with one trip a week to Costco to fill up (17mins each way). I can see there's way more diesels on the market (2010-2013) but I feel I would be better served by a 3.6 petrol due to my short trips. Is that what you guys would recommend?  

19 hours ago, Leister said:

Hi everyone and thanks for allowing me to join. I have started looking to buy my very first Porsche Cayenne. Been researching the pros and cons of the VR6 vs the diesel. My commute is quite short with one trip a week to Costco to fill up (17mins each way). I can see there's way more diesels on the market (2010-2013) but I feel I would be better served by a 3.6 petrol due to my short trips. Is that what you guys would recommend?  

A 911 😀

If you're genuinely using it for work stuff I'd personally say don't. There is a reason that old Cayennes look attractively priced, when it goes tits up the cost to fix can be prohibitive.

In answer to your question, the diesel will be much more economical (fuel wise). It sounds like you're set on the petrol though so you just have to factor that the petrol will cost you more in daily running costs.