Steering wheel upgrade

Samp

I am thinking of upgrading my steering wheel for a new style macan or 992 type. I have seen them put in a singer - all silver upgrades to leather and all electronic controls deleted. Looks very classy. Has anyone done this and is there an adapter to suit?

I like the wheel in newer cars, but imho I think it would look odd in an AC car, but each to their own. I doubt there is any kit available, and it would be a bit of messing around to get things like the indicators to cancel as the new wheels have a clock spring. No idea if the spine is the same. Anything is possible, just depends on how much fabrication you want to do.

Also depends on what model you currently have.  IIRC the steering wheel spline changed on 986 / 996 to 987/997 (or was is 987/997 to 981/991????), so if you have an earlier car it could be problematic.  Also not sure of spline compatibility between 911 models and Macan /Cayenne.....