Brake Rotors

skypig

I need new rotors on my, new to me, 987.1 Cayman S. 
Much as my natural instinct is to fit oversized, alloy centered rotors, sanity is prevailing (for now)

Unless someone can suggest a better option, or source, I’m about to order in a set of 4 drilled Zimmerman rotors at Repco. $1322. 

comments?

17 hours ago, skypig said:

I need new rotors on my, new to me, 987.1 Cayman S. 
Much as my natural instinct is to fit oversized, alloy centered rotors, sanity is prevailing (for now)

Unless someone can suggest a better option, or source, I’m about to order in a set of 4 drilled Zimmerman rotors at Repco. $1322. 

comments?

Just had a look @ Masterparts for rotor and pads  Zimmerman made for a Porsche 04 C2 just under 1500 smackers.

Is that for a set of 4 tomo? (each corner of the car).

12 months ago I replaced front and rear rotors and pads on my ex 997.1 C2S. Pretty sure they were around $1200.00.

10 hours ago, skypig said:

Thanks Guys.

It really seems Masterparts is what I’ve been looking for.

If you can source Zimmerman discs for cheaper than Masterparts, go for it.

They sure have gone up in price over 12 months. 

Not sure how you use your vehicle but my go to for track use is PFC. Not sure if they have fitments for a Cayman S (assuming yes) but they are built for competition and once they wear, you have the option of replacing the wear rings for significantly less than complete rotors... The distributor is in NSW (Competition Friction).

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Is that for a set of 4 tomo? (each corner of the car).

12 months ago I replaced front and rear rotors and pads on my ex 997.1 C2S. Pretty sure they were around $1200.00.

If you can source Zimmerman discs for cheaper than Masterparts, go for it.

They sure have gone up in price over 12 months. 

Yep , front and back the pads wack $ on  top though. It looks there was some a bit cheaper, $ 286 a side for fronts $245 a side for rears . Plus 345 for pads so a hundred out 😀

11 hours ago, 911rox said:

Not sure how you use your vehicle but my go to for track use is PFC. Not sure if they have fitments for a Cayman S (assuming yes) but they are built for competition and once they wear, you have the option of replacing the wear rings for significantly less than complete rotors... The distributor is in NSW (Competition Friction).

I’m only an occasional track day user, so was just commenting on standard setup’s being ok for track duty occasionally, with better pads and high temp brake fluid. 
Yeah if you’re a serious track runner, BBK or bespoke setups are the go (and can be cheaper in the long run)🙂

OP might want to let us know what type of driving he does. 

48 minutes ago, sjm said:

I’m only an occasional track day user, so was just commenting on standard setup’s being ok for track duty occasionally, with better pads and high temp brake fluid. 
Yeah if you’re a serious track runner, BBK or bespoke setups are the go (and can be cheaper in the long run)🙂

OP might want to let us know what type of driving he does. 

Perfectly reasonable suggestion for the purpose you've proposed. Standard setups with high temp brake fluid are more than adequate for track days... To upgrade beyond that definitely has some serious cost associated and you have to be at a level to benefit from them.