Dynos?

Does anyone know any dyno shops that don't charge an arm and a leg for a base line dyno run? Not to fussed in location (i'll make an SMT out of it if i have to) just in Melbourne though. 

Thanks!

Dyno's use a lot of electromisity add to that a good fan to get rid of the fumes, another to cool the front of the car and it adds up fast. The power bills can be huge in my mates shop. If someone is asking $50 to $75 they are not making anything out of it really. That would cover the cost of the run and their time.  

Thanks vas i'll give them a call one of these days. 

Uncle, It cannot be that expensive to run. My oldman has a engineering workshop and he charges $75p/h. The machines are 3 phase ~15-20 amps. We even have a TIG on a separate circuit with a 60 amp breaker. I doubt a dyno needs that much amps to run. 3phase fans don't draw many amps also. I had one running when when breaking in the cam on my motor for 20 min at 2000 rpm. The fan was literally sucking dust and spitting it out past the car. There's no load on the fans so the consumption is very low.

Archived