Harrison RRR 1974 RS for sale - info wanted please

Would anyone know anything about the white and green 1974 RS tarmac rally 911 for sale at Harrison RRR?

Im looking for any background on the car and the build. Ive got the specs and photos from Spencer.

It appears very well put together, but is still running torsion bars which is unusual these days.

It is an expensive shift to make from torsion bars to coilovers, and the two other similarly high spec cars are already on coilovers. Its worth some consideration given the cost, as it affects the value if you are the buyer and see the need to change to coilovers.

I dont know Spencer at all, based in WA as I am but he has a legion of faithful followers and seems highly regarded.

Please feel free to PM me in need if you know anything, however insignificant.

Thanks Stardust

That orange car is on my radar, as is the blue Nevco 911.

There are three very good tarmac spec 1974 911's on the market and I'm doing my research.

Flip a coin almost at this point.

Not at this point, no. Its another part of the puzzle. That car is older than the other two, but still sharp. Id be interested to find someone who knows it, and see what they think. Anyone?

Seems to me that the car would be better with that smaller motor in it, rather than the big banger which renders it non compliant in just about everything. Mind you, I bet it rips with the big capacity motor.

All I know are the guys who built it: PR Tech in Sydney - but I don't think that's a secret.

So I can't help when it comes to an objective assessment.

I keep wanting to ask them about the 3.2, but I know the minute I do is the minute I'm closer to buying it. The wife would kill me :)

It does sound tasty that motor!

Probably depends on what you are dropping it into?

A 3.4 single plug on pmo's with a good exhaust would be almost there without the stress. My last one had well over 300hp and that was enough in 1000kgs. That cost me $40,000 with all the good bits, done properly by a gun builder. I bet they spent lots more than that on the 3.2.

Its going to be an interesting time comparing one 74 RS to the other. Its a shallow pool, and I seem to the only fish swimming.

It would be going into my current 78 SC. It already has an existing 3.2 but it's bog stock. Haven't gone stupid with weight reduction but it's at 1144kg wet (3/4 fuel), with spare tyre, tools etc with all original bumpers, bonnet, guards, CAMS cage. Very under-stressed :)

Yes, $40k is what I thought a motor like you described would cost. I had a quote of $30k keeping the EFI. Maybe Nevco might take $10k?

Keep swimming ...

Archived