915 Gearbox,clutch,fly,coupling and Wevo shifter package.

Well it seems old mate who was buying my 915 has "found another one" out so I now have one to sell..

Gearbox.

Perfect working order and under 1,000klms since last oil change. Works exactly as it should. Clearly like all 915's you need to be going very slowly to get it into first but if you have a 915 you would already know that.

Clutch and light weight flywheel. 

Sachs clutch with under under 10,000klms. The invoice I have for it says its a 4 puck brass button clutch but when I was cleaning the engine down it looks more like an organic plate to me. I'll put it out on Sunday have a closer look. 

Freshly rebuilt coupling less than 2,000klms since done. 

Wevo "Tall" shifter and base.

As new with medium springs installed. Black anodised and one of the best things you can do to make a 915 shift well. It is sprung loaded so it sits in the 3rd-4th plane and stops you nicking reverse when shifting into 5th. Also has reverse lockout.

I'll get photo's of the whole set up on Sunday and post them. I am unwilling to separate the package until the gearbox is sold. If that person only wants the box I will then sell each item separately. 

Reason for sale is I need a short case 930 4spd box. I have one ready to go but need to move the 5 speed first. 

$4500.

• 2 months later...

Hi Uncle can you pass on your contact details please, a friend who works in Dubai but comes back regularly to oz is building a 2.8 Litre Jake Raby engine Beetle and is interested in speaking to you about the gearbox.

He will be back in Brisbane in a couple of weeks for a visit and I can either pass on his details to you or vice versa

Cheers Alastair

Archived