Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences

Hi,  I am new to PFA and I was hoping that somebody may have already had the experience of importing a Porsche 911 (996 model) from the UK to Canberra (as I will be shipping my car there next month in anticipation of my arrival in December 13).

I understand that I will need to ensure that I have anchor points for children's seats, change my speedometer gauge to display KMH instead of MPH (even though I can already change the digital display from MPH to KMH using a the in-built speedo preferences function), and have Australian maps in my in-car GPS navigation system (even though I mainly use my Tom Tom).

Does anybody know if these points are correct, because I'll try to get the car ready in the UK before moving to Australia as I think that these modifications are much cheaper to undertake here.

I would appreciate any advice on the above (and for any photos of what the anchor points look like after cutting away the carpet covering them).  Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, the digital kph will be sufficient for compliance. The anchor points can be seen when you pull out the rearmost piece of carpet as per the pic below.  It should be possible to simply cut a slit in the carpet rather than a gaping hole to expose the anchors. My compliance inspector just wanted to see that the anchors were there.

I've never seen an ADR for a 2003 model that required GPS maps to suit the host country.

• 1 month later...

Archived