2013 Boxster 981 Auto Start Stop Function resets after restart

fortune500

Hi I have read on various forums that that new Boxster Auto stop start function can be turned off permanently when the button is pressed and the car memorises the settings. However this is not the case with my Boxster. Even though I switch it off every time I start the car it resets the function to ON.

Can someone tell me if this can be changed either by me or the dealer. It is annoying to switch it on every time I start the car.

Thanks

You've probably tried googling it already? There's heaps of little secret tricks on most cars that will be somewhere.

Did this on my work Fords to turn off the seatbelt beeper. Plug seatbelt in, hold down a certain button, pull a certain face, turn ignition on, do a certain dance, unplug seatbelt.

There'll be something somewhere.

Hi I have read on various forums that that new Boxster Auto stop start function can be turned off permanently when the button is pressed and the car memorises the settings. However this is not the case with my Boxster. Even though I switch it off every time I start the car it resets the function to ON.

Can someone tell me if this can be changed either by me or the dealer. It is annoying to switch it on every time I start the car.

Thanks

Same issue on my 991, a real pain in the B. Strange thing is i have had a couple of Cayennes as loaners & once you turn it off it stays off. I asked my dealer about disabling the stop start function & their advice is cant be done, if you find a fix i'd love to know.

Archived